8 Delightful Things to Do in Baraboo This Fall
There are plenty of things to do in Baraboo in the fall, given the Central Wisconsin region’s slow-cooling October temperatures and abundance of blaze-colored natural beauty. Even with some top Baraboo attractions closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s still no shortage of places worth checking out during your visit in this town, named one of the top five small towns to visit in America by Smithsonian magazine in 2013.
And there’s no better place to begin an end each day’s Baraboo adventures than Ringling House Bed and Breakfast, with nearly 100 five-star reviews on TripAdvisor for this charming Colonial Revival house, which is on the National Register of Historic Places. Take a look for yourself! Timeless in its appeal but loaded with modern amenities, you’ll want to reserve your room today at this Baraboo bed & breakfast as you work on your list of things to do in Baraboo.
Our Favorite Things to Do in Baraboo This Fall
Some of Baraboo’s top attractions have been closed and major events postponed. Here, we sort through the options and let you know what’s still available to you on your list of things to do in Baraboo:
- Circus World, the highly regarded historic home of the Ringling Bros., has postponed its live-animal exhibits and other circus programming until 2021. But twice-daily guided tours of this one-of-a-kind attraction for all ages, rich in the history and traditions of The Greatest Show On Earth, are still available through October 31.
- For many, Baraboo is all but synonymous with Devil’s Lake State Park, Wisconsin’s biggest and most popular public place to commune with awe-inspiring nature. This living homage to the Ice Age, dramatically sculpted by glaciers, offers magnificent views from 500-foot quartzite bluffs with dazzling panoramic views of a 360-acre lake. Enjoy lakeshore picnic areas, sandy swimming beaches, bird watching, or ease into the backcountry solitude. Whether you’ve come to stay or play, get your sticker passes here.
- Looking for even more natural splendor for your list of things to do in Baraboo? Visit Mirror Lake State Park, on the verge of the Wisconsin Dells, with its abundance of opportunities for biking, hiking, camping, birdwatching, fishing, canoeing, kayaking and more.
- You haven’t properly passed a fall in Wisconsin until you’ve sampled the flavor-burst of a Wisconsin apple. And Ski Hi Fruit Farm is the one-stop stroll-and-shop spot for all things apple-tastic. Not only does this 15-acre destination charm visitors with its barn, orchard, petting farm and other examples of old-country warmth but tempts with more than two dozen apple varieties and mouth-watering fresh-baked goods.
- Von Klaus Winery, with its 20 handcrafted varietals, is a must-do in Baraboo’s historic downtown. Check here for restrictions and reservations.
- Ho Chunk Gaming Wisconsin Dells offers the games of chance and food, drink and entertainment amenities of most casinos, though right now bingo and off-track betting are not available. Live music, however, is.
- One great way to end a day of finding things to do in Baraboo is to check out the food for all ages and the drinks for the over-21s at Driftless Glen Distillery. Tour the distillery; taste the house bourbons, whiskeys, vodkas and more; and stay for a delicious meal.
- Other great comfort-food options in Baraboo include Broadway Diner, Culver’s and Baraboo Burger Company. And those looking for vegan food should check out the Cheeze Factory Restaurant.
Begin and End Your Day at our Baraboo Bed & Breakfast
There’s no better place to work on your list of things to do in Baraboo than our cozy, centrally located bed & breakfast. We’ll get each day’s adventures started for you with a choice of delicious breakfast, and when you’re ready to wind down your busy day, we’ll greet you with a warm bed in a room of soothing ambiance for a good night’s rest. Ready to plan some things to do in Baraboo? Reserve your room at our charming Baraboo bed & breakfast today!