The Most Romantic Things to do in Baraboo WI
Though we know romance is on the hearts and minds of couples around the country during the month of February, and for Valentine’s Day in particular, romance is something we like to celebrate throughout the entire year here at our Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast. There are plenty of romantic things to do in Baraboo WI to keep you busy, having fun, and reigniting the flame of your relationship, too.
Though it’s important to have plenty of fun and romantic things to do in Baraboo, WI throughout your time here, it’s just as important to have comfortable, unique, and romantic accommodations. Our stunning Bed and Breakfast, built in 1901 by Charles Ringling, was built with some of the finest materials of the time and provides an exceptionally romantic couples getaway in Wisconsin.
The grandeur of our historic B&B is on full display throughout the 6 guest rooms and common spaces, and we’re situated within walking distance of downtown Baraboo. Getaways here are all about natural beauty, cultural and historical offerings, museums, and activities. Let us show you just how romantic Baraboo can be, and book a room at our historic Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast today!
The Most Romantic Things to do in Baraboo WI
There are so many incredible and romantic things to do in Baraboo WI, many of which are perfectly well-suited to romantic getaways and couples retreats. The town of Baraboo itself has been ranked as a favorite small-town getaway among Midwest Living readers, as well as one of the top five small towns to visit in the US by Smithsonian Magazine in 2013, all based on the incredible range of things to do here.
Of all the romantic things to do in Baraboo, WI, we think getting outside to enjoy and appreciate the natural beauty of surroundings is at the very top of the list. Luckily, there are plenty of great places to explore, including the world-famous Devil’s Lake State Park. That’s not all there is to Baraboo, though! As you get started planning your next getaway, here are 10 of the most romantic things to do in Baraboo WI:
- Depending on seasonality, take a hike or snowshoe through the stunningly beautiful Devils Lake State Park, admiring the dramatic scenery of the area as you go. Spending restorative time in nature with your loved one is a great way to reconnect!
- While the International Crane Foundation is currently closed, we look forward to their gradual reopening in the spring of 2021 (by May 1st). It’s a beautiful place to immerse yourselves in nature and witness a variety of cranes and birds in their natural habitat. They’ve recently undergone a renovation, which has made this birdwatching experience even better.
- Grab a bit to eat and share some cocktails at the Driftless Glen Distillery and Restaurant. It’s riverfront dining in Baraboo at its best.
- One of our favorite romantic things to do in Baraboo is to spend an afternoon wine tasting in the region at places like Baraboo Bluff Winery, the Von Klaus Winery, or Balanced Rock Winery.
- Walk hand in hand down the beautiful Baraboo Riverwalk. This 3-mile paved trail has several benches along the route and many scenic overlooks of the river. It’s also a part of the National Ice Age Scenic Trail which connects to other Wisconsin communities, parks, and natural areas.
- Take in a show or just tour the Al. Ringling Theatre, known as America’s Prettiest Playhouse. It’s designed to look like the Palace of Versailles, making it one of the most romantic things to do in Baraboo WI. All events at the theatre are currently paused due to COVID, but we look forward to supporting them in the near future.
- Go on an adventure and take the hike to the stunningly beautiful Pewit’s Nest Gorge. Another similar area to visit is Parfrey’s Glen.
- Learn even more about where the famed Ringling Brothers once lived, and take a Baraboo Historic Walking Tour.
- Visit Circus World, the International Clown Hall of Fame, or one of the other great museums in downtown Baraboo.
- Start off with drinks in downtown Baraboo at Con Amici Wine Bar, followed by a romantic dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in town. We’d be more than happy to offer you a recommendation or two!
Romantic Accommodations for your Couples Getaway in Wisconsin
While visiting and enjoying these romantic things to do in Baraboo, you’ll be in need of unique and romantic accommodations. For that, turn to the guest rooms and the historic grandeur of the Ringling House Bed and Breakfast. The Inn has been lovingly maintained over the course of history and offers visitors a unique glimpse into the life of one of the famed Ringling Brothers, Charles Ringling.
Each of our 6 guest rooms is uniquely decorated, and designed to offer a different glimpse into the life and experiences of the Ringling family and circus culture. In the morning, join us for breakfast, served fresh daily at Henry Ringlings’ dining room table, the second Ringling brother to own this house. Guests who stay with us at the Inn will receive a complimentary tour of the estate, but we also offer public tours by appointment by calling 608-299-9705.
Don’t you think it’s time you reserved one of the most unique Bed and Breakfasts in Wisconsin, all the while enjoying a variety of romantic things to do in Baraboo WI? There’s certainly no need to relegate the romance just to Valentine’s Day! Book your room at our historic Wisconsin Bed and Breakfast today.