10 Things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin in the New Year
There are so many things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin, all year round! Wintertime brings fresh snow and cold weather sports; Spring and Summer are ideal for hiking and biking at our beautiful state parks, and Autumn means bright fall colors and crisp afternoons in the sunshine. It’s truly an outdoor lover’s paradise here—most of the things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin involve nature, but always best finished with a tasty beer and a hearty meal.
As a guest at our Baraboo Bed and Breakfast, you’ll be in the ideal location to explore the outdoors at Devil’s Lake State Park, Mirror Lake State Park, and Parfrey’s Glen. Thankfully, we’re also nearby the historic downtown Baraboo area, where you’ll find breweries, restaurants, charming shops, and interesting museums and attractions. There are so many things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin, for an action-packed getaway!
Firstly, check out our upcoming availability in the new year, book your stay, and let the planning begin!
Plan Ahead: Things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin in the New Year
There’s never a dull moment with all of the things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin. From winter recreation, including snowshoeing, ice skating, and cross country skiing, to sunny day activities like hiking, biking, and rock climbing, this area of the Driftless Region of Wisconsin is an adventure waiting to happen.
Here are ten fantastic things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin, in the new year:
- Devil’s Lake State Park: This spectacular state park (the largest in Wisconsin) is only ten minutes from our Baraboo Bed and Breakfast. This park is known for its exceptional geographical features—500 foot quartzite bluffs surround the lake, and striking balanced rock formations dot the landscape. Avid rock climbers come from worldwide to try their hand at these unusual configurations.
- Mirror Lake State Park: Paddlers flock to this Wisconsin State Park. Gliding along on the calm, reflective water is hands down one of the best things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin. This quiet area is also popular for birdwatching, hiking around the lake, and swimming in the summer months. It’s also an ideal place for cross country skiing come winter.
- Parfrey’s Glen: Less than 15 minutes from our Baraboo B&B, this state natural area is technically part of Devil’s Lake but has a different access point for entry. Head here to explore the deep gorge cut in sandstone with intricate rock formations, walls, and waterfall.
- Baraboo Riverwalk: If you feel like setting off on foot from our front porch, you can head into downtown Baraboo to the Riverwalk. This three-mile, paved stretch winds through town, along the riverfront, and passes by multiple parks to stop for a spell and take in the beautiful scenery. This is one of the best things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin to get a lay of the land.
- Circus World Museum: While this historical museum is temporarily closed, they plan on reopening in March for the 2022 season. Explore the exciting circus exhibits, learn more about the fascinating history of the Ringling Brothers, memorabilia, and a Big Top with live shows and music.
- Grab a pint at Wisconsin breweries: Having a beer with friends is a favorite pastime any time of year! Thankfully, the local Baraboo breweries are crafting some delicious brews. Check out the historic Al. Ringling Brewery for the original family beer recipe belonging to the Ringling family. Or the modern open space at Tumbled Rock Brewery and Kitchen for their flagship and seasonal beers, plus wood-fired pizza, Wisconsin cheese curds, and homemade soups.
- Wine tasting at Wisconsin wineries: Right outside the lines of Devil’s Lake State Park, you’ll find Balanced Rock Winery for the perfect post-hike stop. Check out their vineyard tours and fun lineup for wine tasting. Also, right in the heart of downtown Baraboo, Von Klaus Winery serves more than 20 handcrafted, all-natural varietals for flights, food pairings, and bottles to go.
- Sip some local spirits: This Wisconsin distillery, Driftless Glen, sits along the banks of the Baraboo River and creates unique and handcrafted spirits from the bounty of the Driftless region. Head here for a tour of the distilling process, a tasting, and a hearty meal at their fine dining restaurant. Don’t miss the creative cocktails made with the Driftless Glen products.
- Searching for antiques and local treasures: The Wisconsin Dells Antique Mall is home to more than 300 vendors of vintage collectibles, antiques, local crafts and goods, and so much more.
- Take a fragrant tour: Come summer, the New Life Lavender Farm is a lovely place to spend an afternoon. Hit the rustic farm store with beauty products and oils, enjoy the U-pick season from June to July, sweet lavender and cherry treats, and tours of the working farm and gardens.
Romantic Lodging at our Baraboo Bed and Breakfast
The Ringling House Bed and Breakfast is the best place to stay to experience all of the exciting things to do in Baraboo Wisconsin. Our six-suite historic Inn has romance, comfort, and a connection to the past. Each room is unique, with antique appointments, elegant decor, and private baths. Join us each morning of your stay for a homemade gourmet breakfast with sweet and savory options and friendly conversation.
Start planning your next getaway in the new year and book your stay today!