One thing that is guaranteed on any visit to Wisconsin is that you’ll be eating and drinking like kings and queens! A great place to visit in Baraboo is the AL. Ringling Brewery, located on the first floor of the historic AL. Ringling Mansion. This iconic 1906 structure was once home to the eldest of the seven Ringling brothers of circus fame; at the time the mansion was constructed, it was the largest house ever built in Sauk County. As it turned out, the historic circus performer was also one of the first home brewers in Baraboo, Wisconsin!
The story behind the AL. Ringling Brewery is fascinating. During the restoration of the mansion, a wooden box was discovered under a loose floorboard. Inside, a small piece of paper had “the Ringling Family Original” beer recipe. The crafted ale now always holds the number one tap at the AL. Ringling Brewery and it’s one of the best-selling beers on the list. One of the best ways to enjoy one of these brews is on the “Tour & Pint” where you can sip a beer as you tour this famous Baraboo mansion.
Baraboo is home to a handful of the best breweries in Wisconsin, many of which are just a quick ride from the Ringling House Bed and Breakfast. Our historic Inn is one of the best places to stay in Baraboo. You’ll feel a connection to the past, but with modern amenities, welcoming service, and beautiful shared spaces for relaxing and unwinding. Each of our six private guest rooms offers the perfect getaway for couples or solo travelers. Start planning your next getaway to Baraboo, and book your lodging today!
Head to AL. Ringling Brewery & More WI Breweries
One of the best things about traveling is often discovering the best places to eat, drink, and be merry—the AL. Ringling Brewery is definitely a favorite place to do all of the above! From tasty tap brews and an international food menu to the connections to the past with the historic location, you’ll be pleased as punch with a meal and a beer at this establishment.
Here are the best bars, wineries, and breweries in Wisconsin to check out near Baraboo:
- AL. Ringling Brewery: This is a must-stop in Baraboo! As a guest at our bed and breakfast, you’ll be within walking distance of the exciting tap list and innovative food options at the AL. Ringling Brewery. Every Friday, they offer Fish Fry Dinners, including your pick of Walleye, Cod, or Blue Gill, which all pair perfectly with the AL. Ringling Brewery’s original recipe.
- Tumbled Rock Brewery & Kitchen: It’s all about wholesome and tasty food, handcrafted beer, and live music at this Baraboo restaurant. Wisconsin cheese curds come crispy, oven-baked pretzels are soft and chewy, and the salads are always fresh. The wood-fired pizzas come with traditional meaty options or more creative choices.
- Draft City Self-Pour Taproom: One of the most modern breweries in Wisconsin; head here if options are your specialty! With over 30 taps pouring beer, wine, ciders, and cocktails, you’ll love picking your own potion at this local eatery.
- Bevy Brewery & Winery: Head to Wisconsin Dells to check out this fantastic brewery and winery. This is one of the newest breweries in Wisconsin, and they have an extensive tap list with anything from dark, light, and hoppy beers to craft ciders, meads, and wine.
- Driftless Glen Distillery: This is a lovely spot to taste locally distilled spirits and enjoy a cocktail or two with a pretty view of the Baraboo River. Foodwise, you’ll find anything from shrimp street tacos, pulled pork sliders, and grilled salmon at the riverside restaurant at this award-winning distillery.
- Balanced Rock Winery: Take the five-minute scenic drive to the Balanced Rock Winery near our bed and breakfast in Baraboo for a lovely afternoon of food, wine tasting, and live entertainment. The expansive winery space has plenty of indoor and outdoor patio seating.
- Con Amici Craft Cocktails, Wine, & Beer: For great wine, craft cocktails, or regional beers in a laid-back atmosphere, this is one of the best stops in Baraboo to relax and enjoy yourself. It happens to be just a couple of blocks away from the AL. Ringling Brewery. They offer a fantastic selection from their “nosh” menu with cheese, charcuterie, and more if you’re hungry.
For more personalized recommendations or directions to AL. Ringling Brewery or the other establishments in the area, feel free to ask your Innkeepers during your stay!
The Best Bed and breakfast in Baraboo, WI
Baraboo is a charming small town with a fascinating history dating back to the early 1800s, and our Ringling House Bed and Breakfast in Baraboo, WI, is one of the best places to stay. Our Inn has the perfect blend of historic charm and modern conveniences to make your getaway relaxing and refreshing. The Ringling House is a beautiful example of preservation—the Georgian Revival home offers a look into the past with restored architectural details and antique furnishings. You’ll be in the ideal location to explore the AL. Ringling Brewery and more of the best breweries in Wisconsin!
Our shared areas are cozy and comfortable for reading a book by the fire, chatting with other guests, and relaxing. Our elegant guest rooms have plush beds, fine linens, and seating areas. The en suite bathrooms have fluffy towels and high-end toiletries. Select rooms have adjoining doors, ideal for couples traveling together! Every room has a backstory and is named after a famed pair who once resided there. This only adds to the romantic air, and couples can fully relax, reconnect, and relish in the quiet and privacy of our bed and breakfast in Baraboo, WI.
Each morning, our multi-course breakfast will be a highlight of your day! We use local organic and seasonal ingredients whenever possible. We have two styles of breakfast menu, one for a sweet main course and another for a savory main course. Both styles will include water, tea, coffee with cream/flavored creamers, milk or juice, fruit or fruit salad, yogurt or yogurt parfait, sweet bread, scones or muffins, or cookies. We love to serve creative recipes and always strive to accommodate dietary restrictions to the best of our ability. Book our bed and breakfast in Baraboo today!